Popular Posts
-
1. When My Name was Keoko by Linda Sue Park 2. Hatch by Roxie Munro 3. Lunchlady series by Jarrett Krosoczka 4. Hooray for Amanda and her...
-
I didn't realize it is Flannel Fridays. I'm new to the twitter/blogoverse. I guess on Flannel Fridays, we talk about things we do in...
-
How do you all organize books in your library? We have it basically by age group for fiction and then alphabetical order by author's la...
-
Yesterday I did a program we did for the first time at the library. We are a member of the Collaborative Summer Reading Program. Our theme...
-
I decided not to post on the holiday and post two topics today. I was wondering what series are popular in your library and how you determin...
-
Here is my outline of what I plan on doing for the first session of Summer Storytime. First I'm going to give you some background on wha...
-
I know many of you are either public children's librarians or a school library media specialists who works with the public libraries. Wh...
-
I know its been a while since I have posted here. I been really busy. I think it is easier (and more realistic) if I post just once or twi...
-
Note: Due to all the buzz surrounding the upcoming movie and the books, my book club decided to read it for this months meeting. Hunger...
-
This week's craft theme was recyclables. We used materials that you could get for free and can be reused. We made a shell pet and a new...
Blog Archive
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Tuesday's Book Talk: Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls: Book 2: New Girl at School
The second entry in this cute series deals with starting a new school and bullying. Allie is excited to start her new school because she met three very nice girls, Erica, Sophie and Caroline, who will be in her class. Also she really likes the teacher, Mrs. Hunter. She has a great time at school until she meets a bully, Rosemary. Allie becomes worried and tries to figure out how to deal with the bully. She feels the one thing you shouldn't do is to tattle, because it will make it worse. She asks family and friends for advice. The somewhat surprising advice she gets at the end, is interesting. The advice will not be revealed, so the ending will not be spoiled. Also a side plot about Allie and her new kitten is discussed in this book. Meg Cabot continues with her funny but endearing portrayal of Allie, her family and her friends. This book is recommended for girls 9-11.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment