Popular Posts

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tuesday's Post: Spotlight on the Warriors Series

   About 5 years ago, I started to read the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. I only picked up the first book because it was so popular in the library and I wanted to know more about the series. I instantly fell in love with the animal/adventure series and its protagonist, Rusty/Firepaw. This series is not just for cat lovers (but it sure helps if you do like them :)), but for anyone who likes adventure, family and animal stories. Recommended ages is 9-12, but as I said, people over that age may like it too. I will not give away any spoilers here, but there are several Warriors series that include different members of Rusty/Firepaw's family and the members of Thunderclan and other clans.

  I found the first series to be the best, but they are all good. Not only are there the 4 Warriors series, but graphic novels and special edition books. My personal favorite Special Edition book is: SkyClan's Destiny.

  Erin Hunter is actually the pen name of three women who write the series together. One is the editor who gives ideas and the other two ladies take turns writing the books. Erin Hunter also has another series, Seekers, which is the journey of a group of bears across the Northern US and Northern Canada. It is good but not as good as the Warriors.

  Here is the cover of the first Warriors book. If you haven't read it, please do and I hope you fall in love with Rusty/Firepaw, like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment