This will be one of the last sessions of Preschool Summer Storytime. Then I will take a much deserved break :) and continue in the end of September my regular fall Toddler Storytime and Mother Goose Storytime. Toddler Time is for ages 2-4 and Mother Goose is for ages 5 mos-2. This week's theme was multiculturalism. We read the following three books:
Seals on the Bus by Lenny Hort
One is a Drummer: A Book of Numbers by Roseanne Thong
Shades of People by Shelley Rotner
These books were good because they invite children to answer questions about the numbers, colors and people. However, I don't know why, but the kids were not able to concentrate on the books today (more so the last book). I think maybe it is because we had a small group and the content of some of the kids in the group.
Favorite songs this week: Happy and You Know it, Ring around the Rosie and Hokey Pokey.
The craft we did today was multicultural dolls. I hope to get a picture up. There were paper doll cutouts with clothes from different countries and the kids got to dress up a few dolls and glue and color the clothes. They had fun. After they did some related coloring sheets.


No comments:
Post a Comment