Popular Posts

Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday's Post: Summer Reading Craft (last craft in the summer)

  This is the final week of regular Summer Reading programming. Next week we have two presenters coming in, so we have activities, but I am not really running them. The two activities we will have is an author visit and origami. It should be fun.

  For the final craft, we did the theme of Australia and Africa. For Australia, they decorated a boomerang.  For Africa, they made a tribal mask. I hope to have pictures on here soon. They used foam pieces, markers, sequins, and beads for them. They looked great and the kids had fun.

 This is also the final week for children to submit their book logs or printouts of their books. I have a bulletin board where I made cutouts of luggages and children wrote their names on it, when they submitted a book log and they are all over the bulletin board. I worked it out so if they handed in a book log or printout, they get an invitation to the party. One is for kids 1-7 and another is for the older kids. Obviously if there are siblings, they can have the choice of going to one of the parties, whichever is more convenient. Normally, in the past, if there were other kids who did not complete the summer reading club and wanted to go the party, I would have a list of the kids who were invited and let them in first. If there was space, the other kids could stay but they would not get prizes. However, if they wanted I would give them a book log and register them and they could hand it in and get the prizes at a later date. It would be too late for them to do the raffle.

 I have to admit I am so happy it is winding down because even though its fun, it is so tiring. Glad had I some good volunteers to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment