This program started with the story of 13 Days of Halloween by Carol Greene. I think this is a terrific story because it is great for all ages. I have done this book with older kids and they are great at chiming in on the different days once we hit midsong. The younger kids don't join in as much but they definitely love finding the different animals, creatures and items in the book.
The craft was the Jack O Lantern Paper Craft
http://www.dltk-holidays.com/halloween/mpaperjack.htm
I do not have a sample, but you can get an idea of this craft at the website. The children loved coloring and gluing all the parts together. In addition, I gave them a Halloween coloring sheet to complete.
Haha, great minds think alike! If I hadn't been out sick yesterday, that was going to be our after school craft. I love those simple cut and paste activities.
ReplyDeleteMe too :)! Sorry you were not feeling well. Do kids dress up at your library for Halloween? I had a few kids that came either from trick or treating or were on their way. One girl had a cool red wig and a cool rock star type of dress.-Michelle
ReplyDeleteWe had some dress up for our programs last week - mostly babies and toddlers. I'm not big on dressing up, so I didn't make a big deal out of it, but my boss wants me to do something more with costumes next year. Like a parade or something. I think there was probably more interest in costumes than I realized!
ReplyDelete