I decided not to post on the holiday and post two topics today. I was wondering what series are popular in your library and how you determine which series to order. And have you read any of them yourself?
The most popular series in my library (which is a suburban library in a urban area (NYC) are: Rainbow Fairies, Captain Underpants, any series by Rick Riordan, A to Z Mysteries, Magic Tree House, Candy and Poison Apple, Geronimo Stilton, Nancy Drew, Goosebumps, Junie B. Jones and Warriors. Some of these are long time favorites as you probably recognize by the series names.
Children are pretty forthcoming in what series they like. We do order books based on customer requests. I initally got a list of popular series when I first started from my library mentor. Later I found there was a list through our system's Juvenile Collection Development department. Sometimes I check and see what others libraries in the system order.
I am a diehard fan for Warriors. I have read every one except the new one. I love that series to bits! I have read Candy Apple and Beacon Street but I am not addicted to those like the Warriors.
Looking forward to hearing your responses!
Popular Posts
-
1. When My Name was Keoko by Linda Sue Park 2. Hatch by Roxie Munro 3. Lunchlady series by Jarrett Krosoczka 4. Hooray for Amanda and her...
-
I didn't realize it is Flannel Fridays. I'm new to the twitter/blogoverse. I guess on Flannel Fridays, we talk about things we do in...
-
How do you all organize books in your library? We have it basically by age group for fiction and then alphabetical order by author's la...
-
Yesterday I did a program we did for the first time at the library. We are a member of the Collaborative Summer Reading Program. Our theme...
-
Recently I had the opportunity to read the two Alvin Ho books by Lenore Look. This is a charming and humorous series for children in grades ...
-
If you saw last week's Flannel Friday about this storytime, http://litchatkids.blogspot.com/2011/07/flannel-friday-first-session-of-s...
-
I decided not to post on the holiday and post two topics today. I was wondering what series are popular in your library and how you determin...
-
Here is my outline of what I plan on doing for the first session of Summer Storytime. First I'm going to give you some background on wha...
-
I know its been a while since I have posted here. I been really busy. I think it is easier (and more realistic) if I post just once or twi...
-
When I was working at my first library out in Long Island, we did a pen pal program. Basically, how it worked was my supervisor, the Head of...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(72)
-
▼
May
(10)
- Tuesday's Topic: Pen Pal Programs
- Monday Makeup Topic: Favorite Series at your library
- Flannel Fridays: Songs in Storytime
- Meeting Authors at BEA
- General Library Topic: Library Fundraising
- Tuesday's Topic: Library Advocacy Programming
- Organization of Blog
- Great links for storytime
- My top 10 picture books
- Introduction
-
▼
May
(10)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think our most popular series here are Captain Underpants, 39 Clues, A to Z Mysteries, Star Wars, Geronimo Stilton, Babymouse, Magic Tree House, and Rainbow Magic. They also like Junie B. and Judy Moody, but we can at least keep some of them on the shelves - the others are constantly checked out.
ReplyDeleteYes Star Wars and 39 clues were more popular last year but they still go out. We can't keep any of the new Rick Riordan books or usually only have one or two of the Diary of the Wimpy Kids out of all the ones we have. Thanks for posting.
ReplyDeleteKatie, thanks for also becoming a follower!
ReplyDeleteOur most popular series are Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, 39 Clues, Magic Treehouse, and Junie B. Jones. We are a rural library in Michigan.
ReplyDeleteThose are good ones. Haven't yet read 39 clues myself
ReplyDelete