Top Ten Picture Books:
1. Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
2. Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes
3. Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
4. Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you See? by Bill Martin and Eric Carle
5. Any book in the Froggie series by Jonathan London
6. Piggies by Audrey and Don Wood
7. How do Dinosaurs Series by Jane Yolen
8. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin
9. Keeping Quilt by Patricia Polacco
10. Strega Nona books by Tomie DePaola
Agree or disagree?
Popular Posts
-
1. When My Name was Keoko by Linda Sue Park 2. Hatch by Roxie Munro 3. Lunchlady series by Jarrett Krosoczka 4. Hooray for Amanda and her...
-
I didn't realize it is Flannel Fridays. I'm new to the twitter/blogoverse. I guess on Flannel Fridays, we talk about things we do in...
-
How do you all organize books in your library? We have it basically by age group for fiction and then alphabetical order by author's la...
-
Yesterday I did a program we did for the first time at the library. We are a member of the Collaborative Summer Reading Program. Our theme...
-
I decided not to post on the holiday and post two topics today. I was wondering what series are popular in your library and how you determin...
-
Here is my outline of what I plan on doing for the first session of Summer Storytime. First I'm going to give you some background on wha...
-
I know many of you are either public children's librarians or a school library media specialists who works with the public libraries. Wh...
-
I know its been a while since I have posted here. I been really busy. I think it is easier (and more realistic) if I post just once or twi...
-
Note: Due to all the buzz surrounding the upcoming movie and the books, my book club decided to read it for this months meeting. Hunger...
-
This week's craft theme was recyclables. We used materials that you could get for free and can be reused. We made a shell pet and a new...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(72)
-
▼
May
(10)
- Tuesday's Topic: Pen Pal Programs
- Monday Makeup Topic: Favorite Series at your library
- Flannel Fridays: Songs in Storytime
- Meeting Authors at BEA
- General Library Topic: Library Fundraising
- Tuesday's Topic: Library Advocacy Programming
- Organization of Blog
- Great links for storytime
- My top 10 picture books
- Introduction
-
▼
May
(10)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love all of your choices! Do you put authors like Chris Van Allsburg in your picture book section? Some books are more complex than their format might suggest.
ReplyDeleteI am a fan of your list. Patricia Polacco is probably my favorite author on your list.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure I could narrow it down to ten picture books--I like way too many. :)
I look forward to following your blog.
Diane, we do have Chris Van Allsburg in the picture book section. I understand what you mean though. His books and I feel many of Patricia Polacco's books are picture books for older readers. Unfortunately we do not have a section like that.
ReplyDeleteMr. Schu,
Patricia Polacco is great. She is a prolific author and her stories are very memorable. Don't feel you have to limit it to 10.
I want to hear both of your favorites!!
Thanks for following.