Popular Posts

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Book Talk: Moving Day (Book #1 in Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls)

  Moving Day is the first book in the Allie Finkle series. Allie is an a likeable 9 year old. She develops a book of rules to help guide her through the difficulties in her life. These difficulties include: differences between best friends and moving. Allie loves her home, school and her life in Walnut Knolls, aside from her tumultuous friendship with Mary Kay. She is upset when she learns she has to move to Pine Heights to an old home. This great book illustrates the story of how Allie eventually accepts the idea of moving to Pine Heights. There are a lot of amusing ancedotes in this book. Children who read this book will be sure to want to read others in the series.

2 comments:

  1. I love Allie Finkle! I keep wishing for another book, even thought it seems like the author has stopped at six. I think my favorite of the series is Stage Fright, which is the first one I read.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only read the one so far, but yes I do want to read the others.-Michelle M.

    ReplyDelete