If you saw last week's Flannel Friday about this storytime, http://litchatkids.blogspot.com/2011/07/flannel-friday-first-session-of-summer.html, you will see the songs and stories we did today. The storytime went well but we had a handful of shy kids who did not want to participate much. That is okay. I know that not every kid actively participates but they are taking it in and enjoying it. One babysitter once told me the little girl loved the storytime and did her own storytime with the songs we did at home, however she was quiet at storytime. Other kids, many who have attended before were participating and enjoyed the songs and stories. We had a number of kids who participated in spring and a couple of new faces.
The craft went well. It was a little crowded, but I allowed some kids to do their craft in the children's room, as it was quiet during that time. The kids enjoyed the craft and the parents, volunteers and I assisted them with the difficult parts. They were all very proud of their creations.
Pictures will be added as soon as I get the camera. I do not have the kids creations, but the samples I made so you can get a visual of the craft.
Also, I will be doing another session of this program on Friday as we had a large registration for this program.
Popular Posts
-
1. When My Name was Keoko by Linda Sue Park 2. Hatch by Roxie Munro 3. Lunchlady series by Jarrett Krosoczka 4. Hooray for Amanda and her...
-
I didn't realize it is Flannel Fridays. I'm new to the twitter/blogoverse. I guess on Flannel Fridays, we talk about things we do in...
-
How do you all organize books in your library? We have it basically by age group for fiction and then alphabetical order by author's la...
-
Yesterday I did a program we did for the first time at the library. We are a member of the Collaborative Summer Reading Program. Our theme...
-
I decided not to post on the holiday and post two topics today. I was wondering what series are popular in your library and how you determin...
-
Here is my outline of what I plan on doing for the first session of Summer Storytime. First I'm going to give you some background on wha...
-
I know many of you are either public children's librarians or a school library media specialists who works with the public libraries. Wh...
-
I know its been a while since I have posted here. I been really busy. I think it is easier (and more realistic) if I post just once or twi...
-
Note: Due to all the buzz surrounding the upcoming movie and the books, my book club decided to read it for this months meeting. Hunger...
-
This week's craft theme was recyclables. We used materials that you could get for free and can be reused. We made a shell pet and a new...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(72)
-
▼
July
(11)
- Day in the Life of a Librarian: Shelsie Style
- Wednesday's Topic: Last week's Preschool Storytime
- Wednesday's Topic: Preschool Storytime Session
- Tuesday's Post: Book Talk-Gooney Bird Greene
- Monday's Topic: This week and last week's Summer R...
- Thursday's Topic: Today's Summer Reading Craft
- First Preschool Summer Storytime session
- Tuesday: Book Talk
- Successful Programs for Kids and Tweens
- Book Talk Tuesday: Hunger Games
- Flannel Friday: The first session of Summer Storytime
-
▼
July
(11)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hooray for a full group! It's always a nice feeling when you have to open up a second session.
ReplyDeleteThank you! It does feel good.
ReplyDelete