Popular Posts
-
1. When My Name was Keoko by Linda Sue Park 2. Hatch by Roxie Munro 3. Lunchlady series by Jarrett Krosoczka 4. Hooray for Amanda and her...
-
Today's storytime theme was Monsters. Recently Katie from Storytime Secrets discussed her Monster storytime. I included two of her rec...
-
About 5 years ago, I started to read the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. I only picked up the first book because it was so popular in the...
-
This program started with the story of 13 Days of Halloween by Carol Greene. I think this is a terrific story because it is great for all ...
-
Many of you are starting registration or programs for Summer Reading for the children and teens this week. I am starting registration this w...
-
I know many of you are either public children's librarians or a school library media specialists who works with the public libraries. Wh...
-
Sorry it took me so long to post this. I have been trying to plug away at my book order for September, so I finish it by my vacation next we...
-
This week's review is on a chapter book, Phantom Tollbooth by Norman Juster. It is the 50th anniversary of the book. Milo, the main c...
-
Think about some of the performers you had at your library. Who was the best? Why? Here are some memorable performers at the library over...
-
This week's craft theme was recyclables. We used materials that you could get for free and can be reused. We made a shell pet and a new...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(72)
-
▼
July
(11)
- Day in the Life of a Librarian: Shelsie Style
- Wednesday's Topic: Last week's Preschool Storytime
- Wednesday's Topic: Preschool Storytime Session
- Tuesday's Post: Book Talk-Gooney Bird Greene
- Monday's Topic: This week and last week's Summer R...
- Thursday's Topic: Today's Summer Reading Craft
- First Preschool Summer Storytime session
- Tuesday: Book Talk
- Successful Programs for Kids and Tweens
- Book Talk Tuesday: Hunger Games
- Flannel Friday: The first session of Summer Storytime
-
▼
July
(11)
Monday, July 25, 2011
Tuesday's Post: Book Talk-Gooney Bird Greene
This is a delightful younger reader's chapter book by Lois Lowry. The main character, Gooney Bird Greene, is an exciting and unique young girl who is a new student at the school. The children are intrigued by her stories, clothes and food. There are some interesting twists in her stories and she fosters a love of storytelling to her classmates and encourages them to share their own stories.There are also several cute illustrations in this book. This book is highly recommended for children ages 7-8 and it is the first book in a series. There are several cute illustrations in this book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love Lois Lowry. I remember being riveted by The Giver trilogy. Will look out for this book.
ReplyDeleteMyra, hope you enjoy Gooney Bird Greene too!-Michelle aka Shelsie17
ReplyDelete