Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wednesday's Topic: Preschool Storytime Session

Today's theme for storytime was zoo animals. We read several books. These included:

Seals on the Bus by Lenny Hort

  This is the one book I use for every storytime. It is great because it is a song and a book all in one. I love how interactive it is and the kids always seem to enjoy it.

Who Hops by Katie Davis




  I like this author and follow her on twitter. This book is terrific for learning about animals and it is very funny! I love the silly pictures of the animals.


   Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell



  My mentor and nearby librarian recommended this book and it is always a favorite with the kids. They love the lift the flap concept and trying to guess the animals.


Peek a Boo Zoo by Dian Curtis Regan

  This adorable book also has the lift the flaps and the illustrations are really cute and the kids enjoyed it!

  Some of the kids favorite songs we did this week include: Five Little Monkeys, Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes and Hokey Pokey.

  The craft we did today was a color and glue lion craft. It was one of those great crafts from dltk-kids.com. I will post the photo of the craft on here.

  Next post will include last week's craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment