Popular Posts

Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday's Topic: This week and last week's Summer Reading Crafts

   We have been so busy here with Summer Reading, that I fell behind with my posts last week. Therefore, I'm including the craft from this week and last week. Last week's craft was an African Safari theme. I read a book about African Safaris and they did a safari collage. There are different parts and cut outs of animals. You'll see in the photo what it looks like. They had a great time. I also gave them "faux" passports that they decorated and their first stamp.

  I will include the storytime program and craft later in the week as a double post too. This past Wednesday, we had our visit from our therapy dog, Annie. She is a westie. I found a picture of her from a past visit. The children loved reading to her and enjoyed giving her doggie treats.

 We also had our second session of our board game time and Girl Scout Summer Arts Workshop. Basically that is a program sponsored by the Girl Scouts for boys and girls and they do all sorts of arts such as: poetry, crafts, theater and more. They had a good time!




 The theme this week for the crafts was China and Norway. I read them a story about tangrams (Grandfather Tang's Story by Ann Tompert) and they did a troll pencil topper craft and created their own tangrams. They all had a good time. I hope to put pictures of that later this week, if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment