Popular Posts

Friday, May 10, 2013

Toddler Time 5/6

   There was not a theme this week and this was reflected in the books and songs. Originally we were going to do books on both boats and mothers, but I was only able to obtain the mother book. I requested the book I'm Mighty by Kate McMullan for boats, but it never made it to my library. I still kept the boat song because I thought the children would enjoy it, and they did. These are the books we used:

Pete the Cat, I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin

Don't Slam the Door by Dori Chaconas

Mama Do You Love Me? by Barbara Joose




   These are the songs we did:

1. Hello Everyone

2. Shake Shake Your Hands

3. This Old Man

4. 
Action Song: “Riding ‘Round in My Little Boat”
Riding ’round in my little [red] boat
Riding ’round in my little [red] boat
Riding ’round in my little [red] boat
Zoom, zoom, zoom, zoom, splash!

5. Itsy Bitsy Spider

6.
M-O-M-M-Y
(tune of BINGO)
I love her and she loves me
And Mommy is her name-o
M-O-M-M-Y
M-O-M-M-Y
M-O-M-M-Y
And Mommy is her name-o.

7. If You're Happy and You Know It

8. Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes

9. Farmer in the Dell

10. Ring Around the Rosie

  We did a Mother's Day coloring page and a boat coloring page. The children had fun but I noticed they were a bit fidgety today. We were barely able to get through the last story.

No comments:

Post a Comment