Popular Posts

Monday, February 11, 2013

Toddler Time 2/11/13 Valentine's Day

  I had thought we would only get one or two kids because of the weather (snow is done, but parking was tough). It turns out that we got 6 kids. I was pleasantly surprised. Our theme this week was Valentine's Day.

Valentine's Day


Start by introducing Mr. Monkey. Mr. Monkey introduces our books:
1.  Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons by Eric Litwin
2.  If You'll Be My Valentine by Cynthia Rylant
3.  Biscuits Valentine's Day by Alyssa Satin Capucilli
  • Good Morning, Good Morning (song)
  • Shake Shake Your Hands (song)
Book #1

  •       Five Little Valentines (with heart valentine's on craft sticks, children participation)
  •       Old McDonald Had a Farm 
 
Five Little Valentines
Five pretty valentines waiting at the store.
(Child's name) bought one and then there were four.
Four pretty valentines shaped like a V,
(Child's name) bought one and then there were three.
Three pretty valentines said: 'I love you'
(Child's name) bought one and then there were two.
Two pretty valentines, this was so much fun.
(Child's name) bought one and then there was one.
One pretty valentine sitting on the shelf.
I felt sorry for it, so I bought it for myself

(good song if you want to get to know the names of your kids at storytime)
Book #2

  • 5 Little Monkeys
  • Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
Book #3
  • If You're Happy and You Know It (song)
  • Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes (song)
  • Ring Around the Rosie (song)
  • Hokey Pokey (song)
  • Teddy Bear Teddy Bear
Coloring pages
 

No comments:

Post a Comment