Here is your change to mention any author encounters you have had. This includes virtual or real. I included some of my encounters at BEA (from 2 years ago) last week. I also have met in person Elizabeth Scott and Raina Telegmeier at my library. Virtually, I "met" Jane Yolen, Melanie H Greenberg, Elizabeth Dulemba and Roxie Munro. Also I have met virtually, Sabrina Jeffries, Julia Quinn and Eloisa James.
Just to add Thursday's topic next week will be a miscellaneous topic. Feel free to talk about whatever you like!
Popular Posts
-
1. When My Name was Keoko by Linda Sue Park 2. Hatch by Roxie Munro 3. Lunchlady series by Jarrett Krosoczka 4. Hooray for Amanda and her...
-
Today's storytime theme was Monsters. Recently Katie from Storytime Secrets discussed her Monster storytime. I included two of her rec...
-
About 5 years ago, I started to read the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. I only picked up the first book because it was so popular in the...
-
This program started with the story of 13 Days of Halloween by Carol Greene. I think this is a terrific story because it is great for all ...
-
Many of you are starting registration or programs for Summer Reading for the children and teens this week. I am starting registration this w...
-
I know many of you are either public children's librarians or a school library media specialists who works with the public libraries. Wh...
-
Sorry it took me so long to post this. I have been trying to plug away at my book order for September, so I finish it by my vacation next we...
-
This week's review is on a chapter book, Phantom Tollbooth by Norman Juster. It is the 50th anniversary of the book. Milo, the main c...
-
Think about some of the performers you had at your library. Who was the best? Why? Here are some memorable performers at the library over...
-
This week's craft theme was recyclables. We used materials that you could get for free and can be reused. We made a shell pet and a new...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(72)
-
▼
June
(23)
- Thursday's Topic: Summer Reading update
- Wednesday's Topic: I'm so Happy
- Summer Reading Bulletin Board...
- Tuesday's Topic: Book Talk, Latest Warriors book b...
- Monday's Topic: Book Buddies
- Wednesday's topic: School/Library Partnerships
- Monday/Tuesday's Topic: Book Talk-Alvin Ho Duo
- Belated Friday Post: Flannel Friday
- Thursday's Topic: About Me and about you
- Wednesday's Topic: Read Down your Fines and Fees
- Tuesday's Topic: Performers @ your Library
- Special Book Review Tuesday Post: Story of a Girl ...
- Monday's Topic: Storytime favorites
- Flannel Friday Topic
- Thursday's Topic: Talk amongst yourself, I'm Verkl...
- Wednesday's Topic: Parents' and childrens' behavio...
- Tuesday's Topic: Summer Reading Club
- Books on my list to read for children's Literature
- Friday's Topic: Flannel Fridays
- Thursday's Topic: Author Encounters Real or Virtual
- Emergency post: Save Libraries
- My name
- Wednesday General Library Topics: Computers @ the ...
-
▼
June
(23)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This was probably the 2000 conference in Chicago. My boss and I were in line for lunch at the Conrad Hilton. I look at Sara. Sara looks at me. There was a famous (infamous really) author behind us.
ReplyDeleteWe did nothing, after all even icons deserves peace. When the host asked if anyone had a reservation, our favorite author said, "I do." Ever the professional, he asked her name. "Blume" (we were all thinking, as in Judy). That was JUDY BLUME. Everyone in line bonded. When the host came back he said, "That was JUDY BLUME! I love Judy Blume." Then the host said, "I see a lot of famous people, but that one was cool."
Thank you Judy Blume for being you. For standing behind us in line and writing great books. I think most authors are just regular people. But, That was JUDY BLUME!
I've rubbed elbows with some fine writing peeps this spring. :) Check out who I met at TLA: http://matteibookbits.blogspot.com/search/label/TLA
ReplyDeleteBoth of you, that is exciting the authors you met, how great!
ReplyDelete