Popular Posts
-
1. When My Name was Keoko by Linda Sue Park 2. Hatch by Roxie Munro 3. Lunchlady series by Jarrett Krosoczka 4. Hooray for Amanda and her...
-
Today's storytime theme was Monsters. Recently Katie from Storytime Secrets discussed her Monster storytime. I included two of her rec...
-
About 5 years ago, I started to read the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. I only picked up the first book because it was so popular in the...
-
This program started with the story of 13 Days of Halloween by Carol Greene. I think this is a terrific story because it is great for all ...
-
Many of you are starting registration or programs for Summer Reading for the children and teens this week. I am starting registration this w...
-
I know many of you are either public children's librarians or a school library media specialists who works with the public libraries. Wh...
-
Sorry it took me so long to post this. I have been trying to plug away at my book order for September, so I finish it by my vacation next we...
-
This week's review is on a chapter book, Phantom Tollbooth by Norman Juster. It is the 50th anniversary of the book. Milo, the main c...
-
Think about some of the performers you had at your library. Who was the best? Why? Here are some memorable performers at the library over...
-
This week's craft theme was recyclables. We used materials that you could get for free and can be reused. We made a shell pet and a new...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(72)
-
▼
June
(23)
- Thursday's Topic: Summer Reading update
- Wednesday's Topic: I'm so Happy
- Summer Reading Bulletin Board...
- Tuesday's Topic: Book Talk, Latest Warriors book b...
- Monday's Topic: Book Buddies
- Wednesday's topic: School/Library Partnerships
- Monday/Tuesday's Topic: Book Talk-Alvin Ho Duo
- Belated Friday Post: Flannel Friday
- Thursday's Topic: About Me and about you
- Wednesday's Topic: Read Down your Fines and Fees
- Tuesday's Topic: Performers @ your Library
- Special Book Review Tuesday Post: Story of a Girl ...
- Monday's Topic: Storytime favorites
- Flannel Friday Topic
- Thursday's Topic: Talk amongst yourself, I'm Verkl...
- Wednesday's Topic: Parents' and childrens' behavio...
- Tuesday's Topic: Summer Reading Club
- Books on my list to read for children's Literature
- Friday's Topic: Flannel Fridays
- Thursday's Topic: Author Encounters Real or Virtual
- Emergency post: Save Libraries
- My name
- Wednesday General Library Topics: Computers @ the ...
-
▼
June
(23)
Friday, June 3, 2011
Friday's Topic: Flannel Fridays
For today's Flannel Friday (or as I like to call it the topic of anything relating to toddler/preschool storytime), I am actually going to talk about flannelboards. I have to admit, we got some really great premade flannelboard sets, so I haven't made too many of my own. The only two I have that I made are a turkey one and a duck one. I'll have to get pictures of all these soon, when I can get a hold of the library camera (it's locked up). For now, I'll tell you about the ones I have. They include: Very Hungry Caterpillar, Napping House, Snowy Day, Polar Bear Polar Bear, What do you Hear?, Go Away Big Green Monster, Goldilocks and the Three Bears and it looked like Split Milk. I also inherited a few from the last librarian like one about Spiders and several others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations! I have awarded you The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award. Visit this post at my blog, Secrets & Sharing Soda to pick up the badge and pay it forward. :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!! I'll post the badge on here and I'll pay it forward and answer the seven questions.
ReplyDeleteSeven Random Facts
1. I am a speed reader
2. Librarianship is my second career choice. First was a school counselor
3. I been to England 3 times
4. I hate thunder and lightning!
5. I find it very relaxing to walk by the water (example: bay by my apartment).
6. I only lived in NYS except for when I went to Univ of RI for college
7. I want a pet cat so badly
15 blogs:
http://sharingsoda.blogspot.com (Sharing Soda)
www.abbythelibrarian.com (Abby the Librarian)
http://lemmelibrary.blogspot.com (Lemme Library)
www.kitlitfrenzy.com
There are more, but I have to look up the addresses.
Some more blogs:
ReplyDeleteMrs. Mattei's Book Bits matteibookbits.blogspot.com
Mrs. P's Storytime www.mrsp.com
Anita Silvey's Book a Day childrensbookalmanac.com
Mr. Schu Reads mrschureads.blogspot.com
www.studiojjk.com Jarrett Krosoczka's blog
So Tomorrow's blog sotomorrow.blogspot.com
Reading Chick's Blog www.readingchick.com/
Mo Willem's blog mowillemsdoodles.blogspot.com
Early Childhood School Library Blog ecslibrary.edublogs.org/
Mel's Desk http://melissa.depperfamily.net/blog/
Miss Mollie's Storytime fun. http://storytimewithmissmollie.blogspot.com/
I'm posting the badge and I'll tweet about it on twitter.