Popular Posts

Monday, June 6, 2011

Books on my list to read for children's Literature

1. When My Name was Keoko by Linda Sue Park
2. Hatch by Roxie Munro
3. Lunchlady series by Jarrett Krosoczka
4. Hooray for Amanda and her Alligator by Mo Willems
5. On Market Street-Anita Lobel
6. Ellie Mc Doodle Series
7. Ivy and Bean Series
8. Allie Finkle Series
9. Judy Moody Series
10. My Weird School
11. Amber Brown Series
12. Dodsworth Series
13. Liz Kessler's new series
14. Main Street series
15. Poison Apple series
16. Percy Jackson Series
17. Charlie the Ranch Dog by Ree Drummond
18. Interrupting Chicken by David Ezra Stein
19. Little White Rabbit by Kevin Henkes
20. A Sick Day for Amos McKee by Phillip C. Stead
21. Gerald and Piggie Series by Mo Willems
22. Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
23. Dork Diaries Series
24. Big Nate Series
25. Emerald Atlas by John Stephens
26. Theodore Boone-John Grisham
27. When you Reach Me-Rebecca Stead
28. NERDS series by Michael Buckley
29. 39 Clues series
30. Penderwicks Trilogy

Wow, looks like I'll have a lot to read this summer. Sounds great though. Do you all have any suggestions I should add to my list? What is on your list to read this summer in children's literature? Next week is Young Adult Literature.

14 comments:

  1. Also want to add, author, Elizabeth Dulemba posted on her blog a picture of my bulletin board from my library and posted about my library and to save NYC libraries. Here's the link: http://dulemba.blogspot.com/2011/06/save-our-libraries.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,

    Great list, and great blog! I'd love to send you some info on our new middle grade novel, The Atomic Weight of Secrets. The author, Eden Unger Bowditch, loves your blog and would love to guest post.

    I couldn't find a contact email for you, though. Do you want to get in touch with me at rstark(at)bancroftpress(dot)com?

    Thanks!
    Rachel Stark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matteibookbits said she wants to finish the Twilight series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you read all of these, you will have an excellent summer. Allie Finkle, The Penderwicks, and Elephant and Piggie and When You Reach Me are all great favorites of mine, and I've also read and reviewed Interrupting Chicken and one of the My Weird School books on my blog.

    I'm excited to see what you think when you read these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. I heard such good things about the Penderwicks and the Elephant and Piggie series and When you Reach Me. I'll definitely let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SharingSoda also said that she wants to read the newest Sarah Dessen and newest MG book by Kevin Henkes. Matteibookbits also wants to read The Book of Elsewhere (series?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also SharingSoda wants to read The Fourth Stall by Chris Rylander.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are 705 books on my to-read list: http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/3399668?shelf=to-read

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mr. Schu, I presume that's not just your summer reading list. LOL! Some good choices in the ones I looked at so far!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have quite the list there! The Percy Jackson series and The Lost Hero are great for a summer adventure. You'll have to tell me how The Emerald Atlas is; sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sure, I'll let you know about the Emerald Atlas. What are you looking to read this summer Mollie?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The audiobook of the Emerald Atlas is wonderful. I want to read Okay For Now by Gary D. Schmidt and Inside Out and Back Again by Thanhha Lai. And well a whole lot of other books too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay for Now is perhaps one of the best juvenile fiction books I've ever read. (And I've been doing this a long time.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll have to look into that book.

    ReplyDelete